Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Old Books

After my first son was born, my mother had brought me the books that she had read to me
when I was younger and learning how to read.  It brought back old memories when I saw those books.  As I read them to my son, I remembered every little detail in those books.  It's pretty amazing that you remember such detail 30 years later.  I hope someday when my son grows up and has a family of his own, he will read to his children and remember the books that were read to him.  Reading books to children is the first step in getting them interested in reading on their own.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a great memory, my parents would read me stories before bed when I younger. Now whenever I babysit, I read to the kids before they go to sleep. Its just a routine that i'm used to. I also read books to my younger brother and sister (12 and 10 years old). It is a great way to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing, I love looking back at the books my parents read to me when I was little. I can't imagine how it feels to read the same books to your son. I'm looking forward to read the books that I was read to by my parents to my children when I get older. I dont know if you have heard of it but the best book that I have ever read for children was I Love You Forever, I think it would be great for you to read to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Britni -- my mom would read "I Love You Forever" to us, too! It really is a great book. Good recommendation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really cool post. Im only 20 and don't have any kids yet but i have a 4 year old little brother who loves it when i read to him. He mostly has me read Dr. Seuss books to him. He's always laughing at then funny words. Whenever i read to him, it brings back memories of my parents and grandparents reading those same books to me.

    ReplyDelete