Saturday, September 25, 2010
Easy Writing
I think some writing is easy for me because I can use my own experiences or experiences of friends. I've lived in five different cities and have met a lot of people with each one of them having a unique story. I also have been playing hockey for twenty-seven years and that in it self is a story. Some of the troubles I have with writing is thinking of new ideas, I think most people that read something funny are much more apt to continue reading. Would you rather be laughing, questioning, or to be challenged after you read an article?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A great paper should make you do all three! While humor is a great way to interest your audience, as a journalism student I feel that more dramatic or riveting news story holds an audience attentions better. If you want your readers to feel challenged, I suggest including a question in your introduction or even your conclusion; something to keep them guessing, that can be linked to your subject or even a completely different view not discussed in your paper. New ideas come from how you expose yourself to the world; read, write, continue to learn!
ReplyDelete