Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changes in Structure

The most significant change in my draft after peer review was taking out quite of bit of information about a specific topic and focused more on a detail that was stated in my draft.  I think it may of taken the "so what" out of my paper, always keeping in mind the genre.

One of the things that I had tried for the first time was cutting and pasting a portion of my conclusion and inserting it into the introduction.  I'm pretty sure it's better read because of it.  My introduction starts right into a story rather than dragging on about the topic itself.  In a short paper, I think jumping right into a story is a way to catch the readers attention rather than dragging on about what your going to write about.

I think the aspect of this essay that makes me proud is that all the events and statements that I wrote about are fact.  It is much easier writing about facts and details when you have lived and experienced it.  I've also learned  that it takes more than just a pen and pad of paper to create a final draft.  For this paper, I have changed the context about ten times and I'm still contemplating whether I'm finished yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment